Rides and Events
Check this page often for updated listings of all types of cycling events in and around our area. We have found it easier to let people know about events on facebook so please check our event page there. Rides require, at minimum, an appropriate bike in good working order, water, and a helmet. We suggest a spare tube, energy food, maybe a little cash in case we stop, and your biggest smile! Many rides are held subject to weather. It's a good idea to confirm dates, time and any specific requirements, too. We'll see you out there — and have fun!
Upcoming Cycling Events
Some of these events require fund-raising to benefit charitable organizations. Call for further information.
Eastern Oregon Adventures
Eastern Oregon is home to a variety of outdoor adventures that are worth the time to explore. We are constantly putting more rides on RIDE WITH GPS so you can download them to your device of choice.
- MERA- Great local area 3 miles from La Grande Downtown.
- MERA- Sasquatch/Ricochet - Mid-fitness fun adventure.
- MERA- Red Apple - Fun introductory loop.
- Echo Road Winery Trail System - Smooth with lots of flow outside of Echo, Oregon.
- Umatilla Rim - Great woodland adventure-definitely a longer ride.
- Sinks - Short, fast and fun.
- Philips Lake Loop-Smooth family fun with great camping.
- Elkhorn Crest - Lots of exposure, rocky, expert level awesome.
- Two Dragon - Nice loop starting at Grande Ronde Lake.
Road Bike Routes
- Old Emigrant Hill Ride - Look for Shuttle options through the La Grande Arrow Shuttle.
- Blue Mountain Century Scenic Bikeway
- Grande Tour Scenic Bikeway
- Old West Scenic Bikeway
- Baker/Unity/Whitney Loop Part 1 -Baker City to Unity Reservoir - isolated pavement
- Baker/Unity/Whitney Loop Part 2- Busier but still great.
- Crow Hurricane - Wallowa Co. Loop starting in Joseph
- Phys Point Loop - Wander around Grande Ronde Valley
- Ring Around Pumpkin Ridge: Elgin centered wander.
- Haines/Rock Creek Cemetery Roll- isolated loop
- Spin up Grande Ronde River - Islolated along river - beautiful.
- Halley Loop - Grande Ronde Valley wander
- Indian Creek Easy - Elgin based beauty
- Indian Creek Hard - Elgin Based hill climb
- Ladd Marsh Ramble - Check out the marsh, birds, Hot Lake and Union
- Raptor Ride - North Powder wander
Alpine and Nordic Skiing